Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The PowerHouse Homeschooling Grid is "Online"

Ahh...the wonderful world of technology. Convenient, but with every convenience in life comes additional work. There's no way around it. I believe the Bible called this phenomenon the "curse". However you look at it, it's been the reason my little blog frog community has been kaput.

For the record, it helps to go back and read in the FAQ's that Wordpress.com is not supported by BlogFrog....so I had to create a Blogger account. Which is just as well. I wanted a separate site for my ramblings that is a bit more personal. And, I wanted to keep PowerHouse Homeschooling (my website: www.powerhousehomeschooling.com) focused on homeschooling resources, links, curriculum and book reviews, and regional events.

I live in the San Antonio, Texas region. But, all of the links and resources on my site will be useful to homeschoolers anywhere. If you have something to plug in to the resources, email me at info@powerhousehomeschooling.com

So my apologies for the mix up. I know one day I'll look back on my early days of starting a website and laugh. I've blogged before for various seasons and reasons, but a permanent website is a new adventure for me. The learning curve includes much more than I expected, not the least of which is CSS which still scares me. But being the visual person I am, I will figure it out because it will bug ME more than anyone else if my website and blog looks weird.

Glad you've plugged in. Stick around, as the neighborhood is transformed into the single most comprehensive homeschooling resource online. I know that's saying a lot, but in five years of researching things myself, I have yet to find that one-stop resource. So I am creating it myself. But also a region-specific one. Hope you enjoy the "convenience" - hahaha!

No comments: